Top Hockey Fundraising Ideas
Hockey is a great team sport that promotes cardiovascular fitness, coordination and teamwork but as parents and coaches are aware, it’s also a sport that ranks among the highest in terms of financial cost. Registration fees can range from $400 to $2000 per year not including the cost of equipment which is some of the most expensive in organized sports. If a player is on a travelling team, the cost of hotel rooms, meals and transportation become factors that add to the laundry list of expenses. With expenses like these, effective hockey fundraisers are essential.
Coaches are looking for hockey fundraising ideas throughout the year often trying fundraising events such as bottle drives, golf tournaments and car washes. Other ways to raise money include product fundraising where hockey teams sell raffle tickets, chocolates, popular snacks, cookie dough, spirit wear and more. Hockey coaches and teams need profitable & easy fundraising ideas to have a winning season.
Score a Hat Trick with a Just Fundraising Hockey Fundraiser
For the past 15 years, Just Fundraising has helped teams in hockey leagues ranging from Squirt and Novice all the way to Bantam, Midget and Junior achieve their fundraising objectives. We know that fundraising can be challenging so we work with you to make the experience easy, fast and of course, profitable. We have helped hockey teams across hundreds of leagues achieve their goals with fundraising profits as high as 90%! Our winning line-up of no money-up-front fundraisers means you can run your fundraiser with no financial risk.
JustFundraising Offers the Following to Ensure You Raise More:
- Fundraising Experts To Help Guide You
- Free Order-Takers and Free Shipping
- High Quality Products That Sell Themselves
- 20+ FREE-to-Start Fundraisers
- The Highest Profit Guarantee or Your Order is FREE
For helpful fundraising tips on how to set-up your hockey fundraiser click here or scroll-down the page.
Browse our Other Categories of Hockey Fundraising Products
JustFundraising offers 2 methods of product fundraising – order-takers (or brochures) and
direct-sellers (also known as show-and-sell).
Order-Takers are brochures featuring quality items to sell, such as cookie dough, gourmet snacks and gift items,
usually priced between $5 and $25. We’ll send them to you free of charge so you can start selling, and earning
up to 55% profit.
Direct-Sellers are any product that you have in-hand to sell such as lollipops, Hershey’s candy bars, beef
sticks and scratch cards, usually priced between $0.50 and $5. Free Shipping on all.
Fundraising Tips For Your coming Hockey Fundraiser
Think About Your Fundraising Product Needs
- IS THE FUNDRAISER PRODUCT OF TOP QUALITY? There are a number individuals who will gladly give to a great cause but an awesome item is an awesome motivator. Providing something that people like will guarantee your cause is appreciated and often your supporters will be asking when the following fundraiser will be! When you offer high quality fundraising solutions, you will guarantee happy supporters which will order from your hockey team again.
- CAN IT OFFER A SUITABLE PROFIT LEVEL? As pointed out above, great products can certainly create beneficial change to your fundraising events, however when they don’t generate a profit for one's hockey team they aren’t going to be of any benefit to you. Ensure all of your conviction adds up by selling something which yields a minimum of 40% profit for your team. More cash stands for much more time on the ice!
- IS IT THE BEST PRICE POINT? Virtually every community is distinct - their total price threshold for a fundraiser product will differ from $1 to $20 - make sure the product you’re selling is valued reasonably for the group.
- IS IT IN DEMAND? Take note of your area. It is advisable to sell something which people Want. Follow this easy word of advice and it will grow your fundraising sales tremendously. What’s greater than an item which advertises itself?
We want to help. Call one of our experts at 1-888-440-4114. We’ll answer your questions and help you find the perfect fundraiser for your hockey team.
Gather and Inspire Your Hockey Team
When you've identified a fundraising product that you will have confidence in, you can now to prepare your team, often both players and parents, to hit the streets. Getting together with people and being able to explain your purpose is recommended for revenue achievement. Ensure that everybody knows what your financial targets are and just what the amount of money will be used for. Here are several suggestions for solid sales:
- Think about supplying each volunteer their particular personalized ‘account’, so they’re specifically rewarded for the funds they personally raised.
- Challenge your team with prizes for quickest / most sales.
- Split up into teams and praise a winner for biggest sales.
- Publicly honor your team for a really good job.
- Keep the feeling light and interesting so there is no anxiety that's involved.
Think about Communication
- Volunteers and players need to understand how many goods you can expect them to promote so you can reach your hockey team’s objective.
- Volunteers should be aware of why they may be fundraising and where the money will go - e.g. We must have an extra $2k for bus rentals for the rest of the away games this year.
- Supply volunteers with the ideal sales pitch within a letter. It has to incorporate a listing of your fundraiser product benefits and features, as well as the objective of your fundraiser, so that they can successfully spread the word and earn sales amongst friends, neighbors and co-workers efficiently.
- Make full use of social media regularly to get the word out with regards to your fundraiser to parents and friends to ensure the word can extend further with a mouse click.
- Be sure that an enormous “Thank you!” goes out to all parents, supporters and volunteers immediately after the fundraiser. It’s an amazing thing for them to unite under your cause so make sure they are cognizant just how much you appreciate their commitment!
Hockey Fundraising Safety
Hockey Fundraising is unquestionably a great campaign that’s liable to bring the best out of individuals in your area however that doesn’t entail both you and your members shouldn’t behave in a safe manner. Abide by these steps to assure your team stays protected and safe while you’re accomplishing your fundraiser objectives:
- Little children should always be coupled with adults when going house-to-house.
- Kids of an older age must always implement the buddy system making certain to have no fewer than 2 players walking together.
- Do not enter the residence of strangers when going house-to-house. Fundraising activities should take place outside the door step, several feet from the door to make certain neighbors and passersby have a clear viewpoint.
- Do not carry copious amounts of cash currency. Have volunteers deposit cash in a secure area on a continual basis to guarantee they're not bringing a lot when going house-house.
My thanks and gratitude for helping us raise over $3,000. I was so impressed with your customer service... I was impressed with everything!
John and Ken raised money to pay for their own hockey fee’s together they raised $1,050 with the Snackin in the USA fundraiser.