Top Daycare Fundraising Ideas
A choice of 8 beautiful scented candles with an inspirational quote
This shopper has an amazing array of gifts for the whole family
A child’s daycare is traditionally the first opportunity for them to be exposed to formal education. From problem solving with puzzles to basic socializing founded on group activities, daycares can offer a fun and educational experience for children. The more advanced—and expensive—daycares often provide early introductions to computer literacy, and have cutting edge playgrounds that foreground safety as well as fun. A well-funded daycare can also organize outdoor excursions, including visits to museums, zoos and swimming pools to further widen the worldview of a small child.
In order to have the money to do all of the above, daycares are faced with the decision to either charge parents higher fees or to brainstorm fundraising ideas in order to unlock the full potential of what they have to offer. Thankfully, many daycares choose to reach out to communities through fundraisers in order to finance the early education of our children. Unfortunately, these efforts are usually very time consuming—such as bake sales or car washes— and often end up not bringing in the needed funds.
Let’s Take Care of Business
JustFundraising.com has helped over 30,000 groups raise $70 million in the past fifteen years. Our experience is paramount, and we love providing new and easy ways for daycares to complete their fundraising goals successfully. JustFundraising.com offers over 40 product fundraiser ideas - from gourmet snacks and cookie dough, to unique gift items, scented candles and fashionable tote bags, and so much more. Most fundraisers require no money up-front and yield 50% profit or more for your daycare!
JustFundraising Offers the Following to Ensure You Raise More:
- Fundraising Experts To Help Guide You
- Free Order-Takers and Free Shipping
- High Quality Products That Sell Themselves
- 20+ FREE-to-Start Fundraisers
- The Highest Profit Guarantee or Your Order is FREE
For helpful fundraising tips on how to setup your daycare fundraiser click here or scroll-down the page.
Browse our Other Categories of Daycare Fundraising Products
JustFundraising offers 2 methods of product fundraising – order-takers (or brochures) and
direct-sellers (also known as show-and-sell).
Order-Takers are brochures featuring quality items to sell, such as cookie dough, gourmet snacks and gift items,
usually priced between $5 and $25. We’ll send them to you free of charge so you can start selling, and earning
up to 55% profit.
Direct-Sellers are any product that you have in-hand to sell such as lollipops, Hershey’s candy bars, beef
sticks and scratch cards, usually priced between $0.50 and $5. Free Shipping on all.
Fundraising Tips for Daycares
Find Your Ideal Fundraiser
Before beginning your fundraising activities, you must have a really good feeling of the needs of your fundraiser and your local community. Listed below are some things to consider prior to deciding on which fundraising products your fundraiser really should provide:
- Price Point - Have a sense of the economic situation from the communities you will find yourself reaching out to. Be sure the products offered by your fundraiser are priced affordably for the location.
- Demand - Find out what exactly is popular or in-demand within your location. You should ensure you’re providing an item that your supporters would like. Offering an in-demand item removes the sales pressure on your volunteers by letting the solution speak for itself. Adopt this quick guideline and it'll assist your fundraising sales immensely.
- Quality - Even though an excellent cause like a daycare fundraiser can be a powerful incentive for possible contributors, you can’t underestimate the influence of a good quality fundraising solution. An excellent product can mean numerous contributions from the identical supporters for the reason that you’re offering a product they truly delight in. In addition, it means they’ll be far more likely to help your cause next time you touch base with them.
- Profit Level - It is essential you obtain a solution which has a fantastic balance of your above listed points but it's similarly significant not to forget your profit level. If your solution fits every other requirement but does not produce revenue for the fundraiser, then it is not working towards your daycare’s fundraising objectives. Pick out solutions that give at least a 40% profit ROI. This will drive down the amount of unit sales required to attain your objective.
We want to help. Call one of our experts at 1-888-440-4114. We’ll answer your questions and help you find the perfect fundraiser for your daycare.
The larger your daycare, the more important the following tips are. If we incorporate the parents, teachers and staff, your fundraising mission may require that you coordinate a decent number of people for your fundraiser. With this in mind, you need to get extra-organized and create a fundraising strategy that considers all of your communication and management needs. Right here are several items to help you to get moving:
- Identify an all-round fundraising profit target, in addition to individual sales targets, and be sure they’re communicated consistently to parents of your daycare children, throughout the fundraiser.
- Prepare a listing of adult volunteers or teachers/helpers and summarize their tasks - weekly funds collection, distribution day, and so forth.
- Put together a list of times from kick-off date, to collection dates, to distribution day, and abide by them.
- Prepare yourself a list of weekly meeting dates for the Fundraising Board, so you may tackle any problems in a timely fashion. Obtain all of their emails and make certain your CCed on any fundraising-related situation, so you can remain in the loop.
- Set up a motivation program which is sure to motivate the parents. Ensure you possess a spot within the daycare where children and parents can see the rewards all through the fundraiser.
- If applicable, have the best speaker, generally the head of the daycare, be part of the kick-off sales pitch.
- Prepare weekly letters and or emails to help keep the parents informed in regards to the fundraiser status.
Motivate Your Daycare Fundraiser Volunteers
It may be tough to sustain morale throughout the complete duration of a fundraiser (some can last the complete daycare year!) so you, being an organizer, should employ tactics to keep motivation elevated. Here is really a list to obtain you began:
- Assign private ‘accounts’ for individuals, groups or classes so their progress and contribution could be tracked separately. This could help add a healthful competitive spirit that may give a good increase to parent’s motivation.
- Offer gifts or other incentives to parents and teachers who surpass specific milestones like quickest or most sales.
- Do shout-outs (can be in the form of a poster at the entrance of your daycare or an email) acknowledging parents who are selling the most or have the most improved sales. Public recognition is a powerful motivator.
- Remember to help keep an enjoyable and light atmosphere so volunteers can go about their responsibilities within a pressure-free environment. A lot of stress on your volunteers can result in issues with motivation. Try to remember to have fun!
- Make sure you thank your supporters for their donations and inform them of the difference they’ve made in attaining your daycare fundraising targets.
Daycare Fundraising Safety Suggestions
There are numerous good components to fundraising but even with all the positivity, we cannot forget to ensure volunteers are conducting themselves in a secure way. Be sure to speak frequently about fundraising safety within the fundraising kick-off meeting. Be sure to utilize these suggestions to make sure your volunteers are safe and protected while they are attempting to reach your target:
- If your young children go door-to-door fundraising, they MUST be in the company of their parent.
- Even parents should use the buddy system when fundraising door-to-door.
- No one should ever enter inside the household of strangers when going house-to-house. All fundraising activities should take place several feet from the front door.
- Ensure parents don’t carry vast amounts of money on them.
We just completed the Snackin' in the USA fundraiser and raised almost $1200!!!! Thanks to Justfundraising we get new playground equipment.
Imagination preschool | Portland, Maine
This is my daycare and we did a Quote Candles fundraiser for new outside toys and new educational supplies! And with the money we had left over we had a family day at the Waterpark!! So much fun since some of the parents never gets to see each other! Thanks so much!
Patricia's Daycare | Kennett, MO