Top College Fundraising Ideas
JustFundraising Wants To Help!
You are playing a vital role in leading a dedicated group of students on their next fundraising project, and we want to help! In 15 years, we’ve helped college clubs and other groups raise over $70 million. The combination of our quality products, guaranteed highest profit, and friendly fundraising experts, will give your college fundraiser the edge it needs. Our winning line-up of over 20 no up-front cost fundraisers includes gourmet cookie dough, delectable nuts and snacks, discount cards, scratch cards, Jack Links beef jerky, and much more.
JustFundraising Offers the Following to Ensure You Raise More:
- Fundraising Experts To Help Guide You
- Free Order-Takers and Free Shipping
- High Quality Products That Sell Themselves
- 20+ FREE-to-Start Fundraisers
- The Highest Profit Guarantee or Your Order is FREE
For helpful fundraising tips on how to setup your college fundraiser click here or scroll-down the page.
Browse our Other Categories of College Fundraising Products
Fundraising Recommendations for College and University
What’s The Perfect Fundraiser For You?
Before you begin your fundraising activities, you should have a really good sense of the demands of your fundraiser as well as your area. Here are some points to consider prior to deciding on which fundraising products or services your fundraiser should really provide:
- Price Point - Get a feeling of the economical circumstance from the neighborhoods you may be reaching out to. You need to provide a solution that is in line with your community’s means. Make certain the solutions offered by your fundraiser will be priced appropriately for the community.
- Demand - Learn what's well-known or in-demand inside your region. You should make certain you are offering a product that your supporters would like. Providing an in-demand product minimizes the sales pressure on your volunteers by letting the solution speak for itself. Stick to this easy point and it'll assist your fundraising sales hugely.
- Quality - Despite the fact that a worthy cause like a college fundraiser can be a strong incentive for potential supporters, you can’t ignore the effect of a high quality fundraising solution. An excellent solution can result in several contributions from the same supporters for the reason that you’re supplying a item they actually love. It also signifies they’ll be a lot more likely to help your cause next time you come to them.
- Profit Level - It’s essential you come across a product which has an excellent balance with the above listed criteria but it's equally vital to not overlook your profit level. When your product fits every single other requirement but does not produce earnings for the fundraiser, then it’s not working towards your school’s fundraising goals. Pick merchandise that supplies at the least a 40% profit return. This will drive down the amount of unit sales needed to attain your target.
We want to help. Call one of our experts at 1-888-440-4114. We’ll answer your questions and help you find the perfect fundraiser for your college.
If we involve the sellers, their parents, extended family, in addition to teachers and employees, your fundraising venture may well require you to coordinate hundreds or perhaps thousands of adult and youth volunteers. With this in thought, you are going to need to get super-organized and generate a fundraising program that considers all of your communication and management requirements. Here are several points to assist you to get up and running:
- Establish an overall fundraising profit aim, in addition to individual sales targets, and ensure they’re communicated frequently to your sellers and parents during the fundraiser.
- Organize a listing of adult volunteers and outline their roles - weekly funds collection, distribution day, etc.
- Put together a list of dates from kick-off date, to collection dates, to distribution day, and abide by them.
- Organize a list of weekly meeting dates for the Fundraising Board, so it is possible to handle any difficulties inside a timely style. Acquire all their emails and make certain your CCed on any fundraising-related matter, so you are able to remain inside the loop.
- Organize an incentive plan that is sure to motivate the sellers (and their parents!). Ensure you have a spot in the college where kids can see the awards throughout the fundraiser.
- Have the most powerful speaker, generally the principal, be part of your kick-off sales pitch.
- Prepare weekly letters and or emails to keep the kids and parents informed in regards to the fundraiser status.
Motivate Your College Fundraiser Volunteers
It can be difficult to sustain morale during the whole length of a fundraiser (some can last the entire college year!) so you, being an organizer, need to employ tactics to keep motivation elevated. Here is a list to get you started:
- Assign personal ‘accounts’ for individuals, groups or classes so their progress and contribution may be tracked separately. This could help add a wholesome competitive spirit that may give a good boost to motivation.
- Offer gifts or other incentives to individuals, groups or classes who surpass particular milestones like quickest or most sales.
- Do shout-outs to groups or individuals who're succeeding or improving. This can be accomplished inside a weekly e-mail recap, a social media update or at a school assembly. Public recognition is usually a powerful motivator.
- Don't forget to help keep an enjoyable and light atmosphere so volunteers can go about their tasks in a pressure-free environment. An excessive amount of pressure on your volunteers can cause challenges with motivation. Try to remember to have fun!
- Make sure you and your teams thank your supporters for their donations and let them know the difference they’ve made in reaching your college fundraising ambitions.
Turn fundraising activities into a helpful learning experience
At times the frantic pace of a fundraiser can overshadow just how much of a valuable learning experience it may be for kids. Keep in mind to draw focus around the skills children are building. Set up sessions to go over and train students and volunteers on how you can create or showcase these skills. These skills contain:
- Communication Skills - Students will learn the way to communicate suggestions and objectives to potential supporters. Communication abilities are crucial and establishing them early could be an excellent asset.
- Math Skills - While fundraisers generally only require addition, subtraction, multiplication and division, volunteers will must perform these operations on the fly many times all through the fundraiser. These math skills will continue to become beneficial for the rest of their life.
- Teamwork – College students working collectively inside the buddy system or in larger teams get to experience what it’s like to work with other people to achieve a common objective. At the same time, each and every seller’s individual efforts are for the good of the whole class or school, not themselves personally. Understanding how to function as part of a group will come to be vital in their lives when they progress into higher education and the working world.
- Sales Expertise – Fundraising will allow these adolescents to build an expertise in salesmanship which will benefit them in all aspects of life.
- Leadership - Students who want to strengthen or sharpen their leadership qualities can take on the part of leader in their specific teams, with a focus on keeping their group organized and committed. These experiences will help shape the leaders of tomorrow!
College & University Fundraising Safety Guidelines
There are lots of constructive elements to fundraising but even with all of the positivity, we can’t neglect to be sure volunteers are conducting themselves in a safe manner. Be certain to speak thoroughly about fundraising safety inside the fundraising kick-off meeting. Be certain to employ these guidelines to make sure your volunteers are safe and protected while they are attempting to reach your objective:
- Older kids and teenagers really should always use the buddy system and have no fewer than two of them traveling together. A typical configuration includes three individuals, two who are going to be ringing the doorbell and one that will stay around the edge of the property to have a secure view in case help must be called.
- Do not enable your volunteers to enter a stranger’s residence when going house-to-house.
- Do not let your volunteers carry huge amounts of cash. Have volunteers stash money within a secure and protected area on a regular basis.
We chose a cookie dough fundraiser because everyone loves cookies. We thought that it would be easy to sell and would be a good profit maker. We never imagined we would be so successful. Our group raised over $2500! This fundraiser was incredibly easy and tons of fun.
This is our first experience with JustFundraising. The whole process was very simple. As a working mother of seven who also coaches cheerleaders, simplicity and convenience are very important to me. I was able to do most everything online. JustFundraising responded to my online request immediately. Thanks!