Top Animal Shelter Fundraising Ideas
Animal Shelter Fundraising
When owners can no longer care for their pets, they often give them away to animal shelters in hopes that their pets find new and loving homes. The process of finding the right home for an animal can, however, take time—every animal has a different personality and finding the right home for each pet takes time. While these animals wait to be adopted, it’s the animal shelters that are paying for the boarding, food and even medical treatment. Other non-profits, like Cause for Paws, offer inexpensive sterilizations and vaccination services with the goal of reducing the number of euthanized pets because of overcrowded shelters.
For animal shelters and other non-profits that are for the benefit of our furry friends, the expenses quickly add up. Brainstorming fundraising ideas is a fantastic starting point for you and those interested in helping out your local animal shelter or cause. From there, picking the right fundraiser products for the campaign is critical to meet your financial objectives. But sometimes that’s easier said than done. Which fundraiser is best for your local animal rescue?
JustFundraising.com Wants to Help
JustFundraising.com can help bring results to your animal shelter fundraiser. Our expertise and high profit margin products are the perfect complement to existing fundraising campaigns, sponsorships or community events. Over the course of fifteen years, JustFundraising.com has helped 30,000 groups achieve their fundraising goals, raising over $70 million in profits for causes of all types and sizes.
JustFundraising Offers the Following to Ensure You Raise More:
- Fundraising Experts To Help Guide You
- Free Order-Takers and Free Shipping
- High Quality Products That Sell Themselves
- 20+ FREE-to-Start Fundraisers
- The Highest Profit Guarantee or Your Order is FREE
For helpful fundraising tips on how to setup your animal shelter fundraiser click here or scroll-down the page.
Browse our Other Categories of Animal Shelter Fundraising Products
JustFundraising offers 2 methods of product fundraising – order-takers (or brochures) and
direct-sellers (also known as show-and-sell).
Order-Takers are brochures featuring quality items to sell, such as cookie dough, gourmet snacks and gift items,
usually priced between $5 and $25. We’ll send them to you free of charge so you can start selling, and earning
up to 55% profit.
Direct-Sellers are any product that you have in-hand to sell such as lollipops, Hershey’s candy bars, beef
sticks and scratch cards, usually priced between $0.50 and $5. Free Shipping on all.
Get Your Animal Shelter Fundraiser Done Right!
A successful animal shelter campaign should include reaching your profit goals AND increasing awareness for your cause in your community. Consider the fundraising tips and ideas below, to help you reach your fundraising goals:
Decide on the Right Fundraiser!
- Are you fundraising on your own or as a group of people? If you’re fundraising individually, you need to inquire about the smallest order size for some of the products. You never want to wind up with left-over inventory, because it will eat into your profits. JustFundraising.com has many fundraising products that have a minimum order of only 1 case for about a $100 cost - from lollipops, to beef jerky, Hershey’s chocolate and much more. Furthermore, there’s absolutely no shipping and delivery charges! If you’re a group, you can take advantage of some volume discount rates, so you’ll profit much more.
- What do your supporters want? If you think your target is women, maybe re-usable shopping totes, flower bulbs and seeds or gourmet cookie dough would be suitable? If you feel your target is men, consider Jack Links beef sticks, or some spicy, salty and sweet nuts and snacks!
- Does the price fit? Choosing the right product includes choosing one with the right price. We’ve discovered that $10 gourmet cookie dough, in some regions, sells three times more when compared with $14-$15 larger sized cookie dough. Yet, in other neighborhoods, they'll sell the exact same. $20 items in more affluent cities sell absolutely fine, and in others, won’t sell the slightest bit. Be certain you have determined the appropriate price level for your neighborhood.
- Can the fundraiser product increase understanding of your charity? Provided that generating more understanding and awareness for your cause is critical to you, give consideration to a customized or personalized item like the custom discount cards, donation scratch cards, personalized t-shirts, water bottles or pens, or various other items that can contain your customized logo and slogan. Custom products frequently would mean you need to order a higher volume of product, so if there are only one or two of you doing the fundraiser, you should probably remain with generic branded products.
We want to help. Call one of our experts at 1-888-440-4114. We’ll answer your questions and help you find the perfect fundraiser for you.
- Identify exactly the reason why you are fund raising - this needs to be announced right through your fundraiser, using all your channels available to make sure the fundraising participants and supporters understand what they’re investing their efforts and precious money towards.
- Identify how much money you realistically have to raise for your animal shelter or non-profit. If it’s a lot, explore breaking it down over a number of fundraising campaigns or activities.
- Pinpoint who your volunteers and sellers will be, and the amount each needs to sell, in order for you to achieve your objective.
- Manage your helpers and sellers properly - recruit people who seem to be emotionally connected to your cause, be specific with regards to their accountabilities and objectives, and don’t forget to thank them and validate their efforts on a regular basis.
- Identify all the important dates -launch day, collection dates, final date to turn in all cash raised, etc.
- Consider inducements for your helpers and sellers - in many cases you won’t require any seeing that they’re assisting you because they believe in the charity and the whole purpose is to raise funds. In most cases, acknowledgement, a personal thank-you and the feeling of hitting their objective is more than enough.
Educate Your Fundraising Members HOW and WHERE to Sell!
- Be certain your sellers have a copy of the ideal sales pitch and get them to practice it several times on the day of your kick-off launch. Point out to them that people’s generosity comes from understanding WHY you are fundraising!
- Consider having teens and adults sell door-to-door in your community, but be certain they are doing this in 2’s and 3’s.
- Advise them to ask co-workers to help support your cause
- Tell them to speak with friends and family via Facebook and other social sites and ask them to support your fundraising project.
- Have your more personable volunteers set-up stands in busy areas like department stores, supermarkets, sports arenas - ensure to get permission first.
Build Awareness for Your Animal Shelter Cause!
- Get free advertising: Get donated advertising space in your local newspaper, on your town web site, and on any city controlled digital display.
- Use social media: In the event your charitable organization has a web site or Facebook page, take the opportunity to notify your volunteers, sellers, fans, followers and other potential supporters about your cause and HOW their financial support will make an impact!
- Your sellers: Ensure that they explain your charity rapidly but effectively, listing the top 1-3 key elements that you’d like your community to retain about your non-profit. Regardless of whether someone supports your fundraiser or not, hand over them a basic flier clarifying your charity - “3 things you should know about our cause” - it’s a superb way to inform them and improve awareness!
- Customizable fundraising products: Sell a fundraising product that has your animal shelter or cause logo and slogan on it. Scratch cards, customized savings cards, personalized pens, awareness wristbands and other customizable goods are a fantastic way to continuously remind your supporters of your nonprofit.
- Find the BEST locations to sell at: Consider shopping malls where many of your potential supporters will be. I believe your animal shelter fundraiser will reach out to both males and females, as well as a wide age range. Hit up the ladies at the popular grocery stores; find men and families at nearby sports stadiums.
Fundraising Safety Guidelines:
- Children should not fundraise door-to-door alone. They must always be in the company of a parent.
- Adolescents and adults should really fundraise in 2’s or three’s and be sure they never enter someone’s residence under any condition. It’s also ideal to keep one individual at the end of the driveway just in case they need to call for help.
- Don’t keep loads of money on you. Store it aside regularly, prior to heading back out to continue fundraising for your animal shelter.
We have had such success over these past few years and look forward to next year. Hoping its better than ever! We fundraised with the Quote candles and raised over $1,000. How great is that! Thank you Justfundraising!!
Everyone we sold to was more than happy to purchase your Snacking in the USA products. The snacks are so delicious and we cannot wait to sell them again. We raised $301.Thanks Just Fundraising!