4) Keep Your Sellers Informed and Motivated
Recommended Schedule of Correspondence:
- Introductory Letter and Email – outline incentives, benefits and individual and group fundraising goals. Send home with kids and email parents too. 1-2 weeks prior to fundraiser kick-off.
- Kick-off Date Letter and Email – to accompany kids with their fundraising product on the date of the fundraising launch; and email parents.
- Mid-Way Letter and Email – 10 days into the fundraiser, send reminder letter and email to parents, reminding them of the incentives and benefits of the fundraiser and how much time they have left to sell and to turn in their funds.
- End of Fundraiser Letter and Email
- Summary of Fundraiser and Thank You Letter and Email
In general, it’s good to send a parent letter and email, but if you find it’s overkill, you may want to just send an email for some of them. As well, to save paper, you can possibly include the information in your organization’s bulletin or newsletter.